Wednesday 3 March 2010

Ernest goes to work

I decided it was time to put Ernest to work and enlist his help with some parcel packing.

Here he is surveying today's sales and preparing himself for the job at hand...



At first he was more than helpful...


But it wasn't too long before he began to get up to mischief...


...And before I knew it he had landed himself in a spot of bother with the parcel tape.



Having decided that parcel packing is perhaps not his forte, I thought he could help with sorting out the new gardening stock. There is quite a lot of it and I haven't been able to face it all on my own. Perhaps Ernest would make all the difference?



But then he spotted the 'Hip Hop Bird Stop' and took it rather literally. He has barely moved since.



Ah well. He tried.

Big night for Ernest tonight. He is going on a blind date with Felicie hen (do have a look at her - what a stunner!) I'll let you know how they get on...

(And for anyone reading this who doesn't have a clue what I am on about, Ernest is a little soft toy rooster traveling around on his 'gap year' staying with various host families... He set off from his home at The Hen House about a month ago and Cottontails is is fourth port of call. If you would like him to come to you next, just leave a comment on this blog post - or any other Ernest blog post - saying that you'd like him to visit, and I will draw names out of a hat at the end of his stay with me.)

10 comments:

Sue said...

The old saying 'never work with children and animals' should maybe re-written to include birds!!

Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like Ernest had as much trouble with parcel tape as he did with the pins at my house! Poor Ernest. Looking forward to seeing how his date goes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlotte
It's not a raised bed, keep tuned in!
Can't wait to see more of your gardening stock.
Gill

BadPenny said...

I think he's trying to say something with those airmail stickers ...!
He might just try to pack himself somewhere !

Charlotte said...

Well there has been some interest from overseas readers!!
x

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I think Earnest had a little too much fun with the packaging tape! hee,hee,hee.
Can't wait to hear about his blind date. :)
hugs and friends,
shell

Bumpkin Hill said...

Such fun to see Ernest's adventures! Good job he didn't fly off with those airmail stickers!! x

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Looks like a hot date! Can't wait to hear details.

Kelly said...

He seems to be having a lot of fun. I can't remember if I have already commented to get my name in the hat, so I am doing so just to be sure. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

If you still have Ernest then I would love to host him next so please stick my name in the hat ;-)

Looks like he's been having lots of fun - Al x