Wednesday 3 March 2010

Ernest - the date!

As a thank you to Ernest for all his... ahem... 'help' at Cottontails over the last couple of days, I decided to arrange a treat for him tonight - a dinner date with a lovely young lady hen called Felicie.

They were a little shy with one another to begin with...



But by the time the food arrived - a delicious dish of finest porridge oats - they were getting along very well...




When I last popped in to see them Ernest was regaling Felicie with tales of his journey so far (she was particularly impressed to hear that he had been learning to sew over at Mutterings from the Moor)


Meanwhile, not too far away Humphrey was tucking into his own supper...



He was particularly hungry tonight after a valiant attempt at unpacking some stock this afternoon.



I honestly don't know where I'd be without Ernest and Humphrey to help out...!

8 comments:

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

Do I need to buy a hat yet then lol

Anonymous said...

I hope he didn't ruin any merchandise! I bet he had a lot of fun, though :)

Kelly said...

Oh, they make a cute couple!

elisa said...

It looks like the date went well. Will there be a 2nd?

Bumpkin Hill said...

Now that looks like a fun date! Oh dear Humphrey, you do try to help out don't you! I hope by now he has unpacked all your garden tools! Hugs, Catherine xx

BadPenny said...

Bless them - though I fear Ernest will be breaking more hearts before his year is up as he does seem to have a girl in every port !

They do look sweet together though xx

Tamsin said...

Lol, you had me convince Humphrey was a perfect little angel lol. Although he still manages to look like he knows absolutely nothing about how the box managed to get a hole in.

The Bunns said...

Oh boy that look on Humphrey's face sure says it all!!!

Something like - "Is THAT the best ya got???"