Friday 26 February 2010

Ernest and Humphrey - day one

At first Humphrey was a little shy and tried to hide behind Ernest...


But it wasn't long before they were the best of friends....



A few rounds of Moulin Roty's Memory Game together...


...and Humphrey even offered Ernest a nibble of his corn on the cob. Now THAT'S bunny friendship.


They're supposed to have settled down for the night now but I'm sure I can hear shenanigans upstairs.

Not sure yet what we'll be up to tomorrow. I'm off to the hairdressers in the morning and am tempted to take Ernest with me, but I've not been there before and there's the outside possibility that they might think I'm a bit mad if I turn up with a rooster...?

(And for anyone reading this who doesn't have a clue what I am on about, Ernest is a little soft toy rooster traveling around on his 'gap year' staying with various host families... He set off from his home at The Hen House about a month ago and Cottontails is is fourth port of call. If you would like him to come to you next, just leave a comment on this blog post - or any other Ernest blog post - saying that you'd like him to visit, and I will draw names out of a hat at the end of his stay with me.)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw bless, Boo would love him ! x

d. moll, l.ac. said...

If you take Ernest, you have to take Humphrey too!

Christina said...

They look so sweet together. Humphrey is a doll.

Pom Pom said...

I think Ernest would love Denver. I'd show him the sights. Promise.

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

Aaaaw that cheered the kids up... They've been missing him loads x

Crafty Green Poet said...

They look to be enjoying each others company! Humphrey has a wonderful hairstyle!

BadPenny said...

Oh Charlotte - you have made my day with your photos of Humphrey & Ernest - yes perhaps the hairdressers is a little too adventurous a trip !

Anonymous said...

We would love Ernest to come and stay with us for a bit, especially as he gets on so well with bunnies.
Love Daisy and Archie (we are bunnies too!)

mollycupcakes said...

Awwww soo cute, i love Humphrey, he's just the sweetest bunny.
And looks like he's found a friend for live in Ernest lol
Hope your well honey.
With love,
Catherine x

Isla B Baby said...

I showed my 4year old these photos earlier on today and she now wants a rabbit! So I have told her she can not have a rabbit but if she's lucky maybe the rooster will visit. x

Pomona said...

Ernest is very welcome to stay at our little cottage - we are roosterless at the moment! But lots of lovely girls for him to be introduced to!

Pomona x

Alexandra said...

I would love Ernest to come and stay and i promise my puppy wouldn't eat him! xx

Mandy Saile said...

Humphrey looks so gentle and sweet:D Don't you just love hearing the upstairs parties, the furries seem to throw whenever your downstairs:D and by the time you get up there to see what's going on, they are sitting there quietly and all is as good as rain...ha ha...love it, its one of life's simple joyful things:D

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Good friends they are indeed! Precious! I could kiss Humphrey all day! He is so darn adorable!
hugs,
shell