Thursday 25 February 2010

Guess who has arrived at Cottontails!

He came in a special delivery box....

...packed in a lovely cream traveling case....


...He peeped out his beak....


It's Ernest! He's here!


Well it didn't take him long to make himself at home and ask for a cup of tea (in MY chicken mug, I might add)



Meanwhile, in a bedroom not too far away, Humphrey and his little friend Sylvain have no idea who has just entered the building.




I'll let you know what happens when they meet in the morning....

(And for anyone reading this who doesn't have a clue what I am on about, Ernest is a little soft toy rooster traveling around on his 'gap year' staying with various host families... He set off from his home at The Hen House about a month ago and Cottontails is is fourth port. If you would like him to come to you next, just leave a comment on this blog post - or any other Ernest blog post - and I will draw names out of a hat at the end of his stay with me.)

9 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

Hi Ernest, have a great holiday! Good luck Humphrey! Hugs, Catherine xx

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how beautiful Humphrey is. Why is it exactly that his fur is like a mane? (Also sorry if I keep giving you duplicates - I keep getting error messages).

Shanny said...

I would be honored to have Ernest come stay with me and my bunny family. Plesae consider me!

Sue said...

They should get on like a house on fire, Ernest will have great fun with you and all the toys.

Sue xx

BadPenny said...

Horray !

Now he is a tea drinker ? Goodness he is changing fast ! Have a lovely week Charlotte & I can't ait to see what Ernest gets up to ! xx

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Awe look at Humphrey! I gave George a haircut yesterday and he looks very smart!

x

BadPenny said...

Hi Charlotte, I'm fine about Ernest spreading his wings to the US - he has his passport ! ( oh, does he need a Visa ? ) As long as the bloggers link back to me and keep in touch & keep him moving on.

I just want him home for Christmas !
x

elisa said...

You have such a beautiful rabbit! Wow. I'm sure you will all have a lot of fun with your visitor.

Kelly said...

Can't wait to see when Ernest meets Humphrey. Please pop my name in the draw for the next home.