Monday 7 December 2009

Luxury string and the winner is...

I am chuckling to myself at the moment as I can't quite believe I have just listed a ball of string under 'Treats for Grown-Ups' on my website. But is is a very nice ball of string in a gift box from the lovely people at Maileg. But all the same. Can it be considered a treat? Well, there isn't anywhere else for it to go on the website so a treat it is!

In fact I didn't even order the string - Maileg sent six boxes in error and I have had them in my 'must return' pile for ages. Several weeks later I realise I have already paid the invoice, I am never going to get around to sending them back and might as well just put them on the website and see what happens.

Also I have just done the draw for the poorly Maileg mouse (something else I didn't get around to returning!). Sorry the pictures are so rubbish but I did try to capture the 'drawing process'. First I wrote names on little bits of blue tissue paper, then I rolled them into balls and decided to use the Mr String box as the 'hat' as it were.


I asked Sylvain bunny to do the honours...


But had to give him a hand...


And the winner is: Jennifer! (You can just about make out the name in the photo I think!)


Well done Jennifer :-) You can read her diary here: http://theprairiegirl.com/

I have a few more poorly animals around here so think I will do this kind of giveaway again, it's more fun than sending them back for credit notes.

Anyway, it's been another busy weekend sales-wise - as you would expect for December - so I haven't had that much time for working on the website, but a few late nights and a concerted effort mean that I have managed to finish adding some new stock. Have a look at our lovely things from Made in Pixieland, Belle and Boo and Snapdragon. Here are some of the new items:





And finally here are a couple of photos of the product shots ' in the making'. I turned our garden room / building site into a mini photography studio yesterday to make the most of the winter sun...



Right, better get on with packing up some parcels then!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Luxury string eh.......a brilliant product, every home should have some...Lol!

Love your photos and now I've seen your photo cube thingy I know why mine are so drab and yours are so gorgeous!!

Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Everything always looks lovely on your blog Charlotte! :)

love, Tina :)

BadPenny said...

Lovely string !

so cute the little bunny picking out the give away winner xx