Tuesday 8 December 2009

Fun with photography...

Despite the rain today I managed to find a dry spell and set up my photography stuff in the garden for an hour. Some of the things I photographed on Sunday didn't come out very well so today was 'take two' and I am really pleased with the results.

The things I had struggled with were the little badges and mirrors from Snapdragon - I think it's because I am not used to photographing such tiny things. So today I decided on a new approach and tried placing them on complementary backgrounds, rather than my usual product-on-white technique.

Here are the results and I'm really pleased with them!

This is the little dog hand bag mirror - I have put them on a page of my really old copy of The Tale of Jemima Puddleduck, chosen in a rush as I flicked through my children's books looking for a page mentioning a dog! (Although actually you can't read that bit, but it does mention the "his coat was spotted brown and white"):


The christmassy badges - the robin and Christmas pudding - are on a page from an old copy of The Velveteen Rabbit because it mentions Christmas, obviously!




And the little cottage badge is photographed on the picture of the doll's house in The Tale of Two Bad Mice.



And finally I used some bits of my old Moulin Roty tea set to display the cake badges and handbag mirrors.



So I feel quite chuffed with myself today and hope I will sell a few of these little bits and bobs before Christmas. (Especially the Christmas Puddings obviously!!)

You can see all these things, along with other goodies on the new section on the website for Lovely UK Designers.

16 comments:

Tash Allen said...

oh wow they are so cute! I love them. and your photography is awesome, they look great xx

Unknown said...

These are wonderful, I love them!! I love anything with a cuppycake :) Great job! I hope they sell out for you!
Hugs,
Amy

Bumpkin Hill said...

FAB photos, great fun, really brings them to life. love all these delights, the little robin is so cute and those dogs are adorable! Please send a little sun over here, nothing but rain for weeks and weeks and weeks, it was nice to have some sun when I was back in the UK. Hugs, Catherine x

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Hi Charlotte
Thanks for the congrats! :)
Poor Millie's back on antibiotics for her tooth, but this time I've caught it early so fingers crossed it will be nipped in the bud.
Hope little Humphrey is well.
Lots of love
Em x

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

oh meant to also say the photos are great! :)

BadPenny said...

you have done a wonderful job displaying & photographing those items ...I'm popping to your shop now ! xx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Charlotte

How wonderful to have those lovely goodies available on your website. I can feel some purchases coming on soon!

Great pictures!
Warm wishes
Isabelle x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea! So effective...I would have never thought of doing that, you are so clever! :)

...Nina Nixon... said...

Hi Charlotte,

I think you've done a wonderful job and they all look rather gorgeous.

Have a lovely day,

Nina x

Poppy said...

Hello Charlotte,

And so you should feel chuffed, you have done a lovely job.

I’m loving the string…you have got some gorgeous things in the shop!

Love Lou xxx

Vicki said...

Hi, Charlotte,
I love every one of your sweet creations!! You did a good job of photographing things that are small and putting them on a background of pages from various books was a really great idea! Thank you for stopping by Bunny Cottage for a visit. It always brightens my day when you do! Much love to you! Vicki

BadPenny said...

you have an award on my blog to collect ! xx

koralee said...

Oh I love these little pins...I have one of her cupcakes. So cute...off to visit the link. Your photos look so lovely. Have a wonderful weekend.

Pomona said...

Lovely photos! And Jane's products are great - I have bought lots of things from her, and they are so beautifully made and so original.

Pomona x

Sue said...

Gorgeous photos and inspired settings!!

Hope you manage to sell lots. I think Jane's products are lovely.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

Charlotte, I HAD to come over and THANK YOU for the SWEETEST comment I have EVER received on my blog!!!! Oh my gosh, you made my year with your kind words!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! I work so hard to make everything pretty and your words just made it all worth it!
I hope you get your Christmas decor finished soon. But I TOTALLY understand!! Last year, we didnt even have a tree because of my depression :(
Thank you again sweet friend!
Love ya and Humphrey :)
Amy