Friday 18 February 2011

Make your own traditional toy

Last week I mentioned I have discovered some lovely new toy making kits for Cottontails.


Emily's Ark
, a small company based in Northumberland, design and assemble toy making kits which include everything you need to create your own beautiful soft toy animal (including some truly gorgeous mohair fur).




I have ordered the kits for George the rabbit (or is he a hare? I'm not sure - what do you think?), William the bear and Archie the Aardvark. They should be arriving at Cottontails soon and will sell for about £30.

I plan to have a go at making one up myself (so if I never mention this again, you can assume I have created a dog's dinner...)

4 comments:

abby jenkins said...

How precious! reminds me to start my pompom animals for Easter...thanks for the share and the reminder!

Charlotte said...

Rachel over on facebook thinks Hare... Any more thoughts? x

Bumpkin Hill said...

how exciting, have fun creating your own one :) Catherine x

Charlotte said...

Ah Catherine - I'll probably be coming to you for a few pointers... Goodness knows how I'll cope with joints etc.. But I am assured the kit is suitable for beginners like me, so fingers crossed I won't create something so awful that it'll put people off!!