Sunday 5 December 2010

Now who is this knocking at Cottontail's door?


Now who is this knocking
at Cottontails door?
Tap tappit! Tap tappit!
She's heard it before



And when she peeps out
there is nobody there,
But a present of carrots
put down on the stair.



HARK! I hear it again!
Tap, tap tappit! Tap tappit!
Why - I really believe it's a
little black rabbit!




This is from one of my all time favourite books - Appley Dappley's Nursery Rhymes by Beatrix Potter, and it was this little rhyme which popped in to my head when I first met one of Maileg's new style 'black' (well, dark brown) rabbits a few months ago. We order a fair few months ahead so it's taken a while for the new rabbits to arrive, but here they are!








You can see him, and more of the new Maileg stock (including this lovely little tea set in a tin) in the 'New Arrivals' section of the website.



(ps More gift guides coming soon... I've chosen my favourites but just need to find a quiet hour to write the post...)

4 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

Totally adorable Charlotte, love that book too. That little tea set reminds me of a mini tea set my Granny had that she would bring out at the table when we finished our meals, always kept me occupied while the adults finished their meals! I hope you're doing ok with the Christmas rush, Catherine x

Sue said...

We have jet black bunnies living wild around the farm here. Seemingly our landlords daughters pet bunny escaped over 15 years ago and reverted to living in the wild, his progeny live on.

Lovely Hubby though he was seeing things when he first spotted a black wild bunny when we first moved in.

Yours are gorgeous, and that tea set in a tin would have made me a VERY happy little girl many years ago!

Sue xx

Pom Pom said...

We popped into a toy store here and found quite a few M. bunnies, but we shop at Cottontails! :)
Oh, I must have a dark bunny and I WILL have the tiny wooden tea set as soon as I feel free about buying things for ME! WONDERFUL!

Sarah said...

I love the Maileg bunnies! One will have to find it's way to my home one day ;)

Have a lovely Christmas, hugs Sarah x