Sunday 14 November 2010

The End of Autumn

I spotted this the other day when trekking down the garden, and thought nothing symbolises the end of autumn quite as well as a pumpkin sitting on a compost heap. Which means it's winter. Which means I think it's okay for me to start writing about Christmas?


As a retailer I've already had months of thinking about it because I have to plan (probably not as much as I should) but I've tried to keep it low key. Until now anyway, as I really want to put together some Cottontails gift guides.


A good friend of mine who has just become an auntie (hello Auntie Anna!) emailed me the other day to ask if I could recommend something really special for her new niece. It stuck me that I am rubbish at recommending things. I really doubt my own confidence at choosing the right things, which is silly because I know my stock inside out, am 'passionate about it' (this sounds like a job interview!) and really shouldn't be afraid of sharing personal favourites. But I find it really daunting.

So, with this in mind I am going to write a series of posts recommending my favourites for various ages, occasions and so on. Hopefully it might be a useful resource for people, and also it will be a good exercise for me to gain a bit of confidence in making recommendations.

I'll mostly pick Cottontails things (obviously) but will try and share a few favourites from other websites too to make things more interesting.

So watch this space... a slew of posts to come!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Christmas will soon be here! Looking forwards to reading your upcoming posts.... I always get a lot of present buying inspiration from peoples blogs x

Pom Pom said...

Woo hoo! Can't wait! Love Cottontails STUFF!

Bumpkin Hill said...

Hi Charlotte, I think you are fab and being able to choose lovely items, you have the most beautiful shop full of magical things, enjoy getting festive with these posts, can't wait to see them :) Has my parcel arrived with you yet? Let me know about sizes of photos and I can send you them via email. Big Hugs, Catherine xx

Charlotte said...

Catherine - the parcel is here. GORGEOUS! Have emailed you.. C x