Tuesday 27 July 2010

Mouses in Mousehole

A couple of weeks ago we went away to Mousehole in Cornwall for a few nights. It's such a pretty village and with a name like that I could have kicked myself for not packing a few of the Cottontails mice in my suitcase so I could have a little photo shoot on the harbour.

But not to worry because with the magic of Photoshop I have added a wee mouse to every photo that follows...!

Can you spot the Mousehole mice..?!


That's our cottage at the top of the road



And here it is up close. It was really nice to sit on the step and watch the world go by. (And quite a lot of world there was - Mousehole is a very busy little village)




This is the village pub, where we spent most evenings




And here we are having the first of many ice creams of the holiday...




Isobel and I spent hours sandcastle building while Mike watched the world cup final. The picture completely fails to capture the size of the creation - it was hours of work!




Mousehole is a really pretty little harbour, with a couple of small beaches and lots of boats. It has a very compact and safe feel... nice for families




Even the village fish n chip shop was pretty!




Mostly we just mooched about Mousehole but we did a couple of nice coastal walks. Here we are on our way to Lamorna (blissfully unaware that the skies were about to open on us!!)



So...
Did you spot all the mice...?


------

And finally, while we were on hols in Mousehole. Humphrey enjoyed an all-inclusive mouse-free break at Hoppy Holidays in Pershore. A huge thanks to Diane for taking such good care of him as ever.




12 comments:

LissyLou said...

what a lovely break xx

Sue said...

Looks like a brilliant time was had by all. Mmmm....carrot cocktails, I think I might have liked Humphreys holiday too!

I found all the mices, although I will admit to having to enlarge the boat shot!!

Sue xx

Bumpkin Hill said...

oh what fun they all are, I loved spotting the mice popping up everywhere, even peering out of the pub window! Love H in his shades with his cocktail!! C xx

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh its years since I've been to Mousehole, it's a lovely place isn't it!

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Mousehole is a very special place.
I have photographs of my daughters, taken a few years ago, making sandcastles and painting on the little beach.We stayed in a pretty cottage on the side of the harbour.
You have brought back some lovely memories!
Susan x

Pom Pom said...

My little granddaughter, Birdie, got her mouse in the mail! She's delighted.

morethanthestarsinthesky said...

love you blog and your pics! looks like ya'll had a great time.


Amanda

Sarah said...

Such gorgeousness! Just my kind of place. Had a good time mouse spotting!

Do I spy a Cath Kidson bad too?

Hugs, Sarah x

Christina said...

That looks lovely. Now I want Fish and Chips!

Unknown said...

Beatiful land great photos makes me smell gingerbread.

Sara

http://momentsofelegance.com

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

looks like you had a fab time! I'm very impressed with the sand castle :)

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

looks like you had a fab time! I'm very impressed with the sand castle :)