Thursday 4 February 2010

Have you met Ernest?

I just have to tell you about a lovely little rooster who is making his way around 'blogland' at the moment.
Penny over at The Hen House has a little soft toy chicken who she has sent off to travel the country on his 'gap year'. First she ran a little competition to name him - Ernest - then he was packed off on his travels a couple of weeks ago. This week he is staying with the people over at Mutterings on the Moor where he has been meeting some real chickens, learning to sew and having a tea party with some soft toy chums (can you spot the Moulin Roty toys?)


If you would like Ernest to come and stay with you, all you have to do is put in a request to his latest host family, names are usually pulled out of the hat at the end of the week I think. I am desperate for him to come and stay with me - I want to introduce him to Moulin Roty's Felicie hen, I think we might have a romance on our hands when they meet!


Humphrey is a bit suspicious of all this excitement over a chicken, and has asked me to finish the post on with a rabbit picture. So, especially for Humphrey, here Felicie's bunny friend, Sylvain.


Okay now Humphrey?

10 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hi Charlotte!
So glad you have hopped over to visit with me and the bunnies! I love your charming store and Humphrey is such a doll himself! I'm now following, so I'll be back to visit often!
bunny hugs,
shell

BadPenny said...

Oh Charlotte I'm laughing out loud ! I do hope he comes to you soon - it's been such fun & I'm glad the idea seems to be working well !

Enjoy Silent Witness - I love it too !

Anonymous said...

You were right, there's Amedee and actually two Nini's and one baby Nini. We also have two Sylvains, but only one is in the photo. The other one must have been upstairs with Barnabe the donkey!

So Jeanne will be there around Easter time? I might order two for the girls instead of Easter eggs. Are you taking orders yet?

Bumpkin Hill said...

LOVE Ernest, I do hope he gets to visit Cottontails although poor Humphrey, first badgers, now chickens! Whatever next ;) Hugs, Catherine x

bellaboo said...

Have been following Ernest's travels with interest.He seems to be having a great time!
He wouldn't want to stay at the Boo household...once Bella got hold of him...well...it doesn't bear thinking about!I wonder where he's off to next?

Bellaboo

Alice said...

i just found you through shell's blog, what sweetness you have here...nose nudges to your bunny from us!

Pom Pom said...

They are VERY sweet, but Humphrey is the cutest!

The Bunns said...

Well, Audrey is a nice little floppy bunny who is also "making the rounds" .. right now she is at Life at the Zoo and is soon headed to The Bunny Lounge and then, I think, to Eye of the Needle ... she was with us last summer!

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Love Ernest! and the gap year is such a great idea! I am afriad to adopt him in case I become too attached and never let him leave!

How are you Charlotte? I have been press ganged into seeing Avatar as someone whose opinion I trust raved about it so much, she has seen it twice! I am still a bit sniffy about it to be honest, as on the face of it , it doesen't seem to be remotely my cup of tea! As we share similar filmic taste I thought I would ask if you had a view!

Have a great weekend,

Sarah x

Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily said...

Hi Charlotte

Your names just been drawn out of the hat to have Ernest - I am just about to post about it but I thought I'd let you know....

If you want to e mail me your address I will send him to you. Will probably be Monday now though if thats ok as I'm at work tomorrow and Saturday

xx