Monday 29 June 2009

New Cottontails HQ

If you've been following the diary, you'll know that there have been some major changes at Cottontails lately, not least the closure of the high street shop and relocation of the business to Herefordshire. Although we took over new storage facilities straight away, there has been a delay in arranging the office space, and for the past few weeks I have been working from a temporary office in the house (i.e. the spare bedroom). And so I am thrilled that the new - permanent - garden office has just been put up. It'll be a few days yet before I can 'move in' as we are awaiting electrics, telephone and carpets, and there's a lot of landscaping to do outside too, but all the same the light is at the end of the tunnel and I can't wait to take over the new head quarters (or 'head hutch' as Mike, my partner, calls it!)It is a kind of moving in gift from Mike and I am so grateful to him (mind you he would be the first to admit that it's as much about keeping me out of the way as anything else!) He works from home too you see (he is a cider maker) and neither of us are even used to sharing a living space, let alone working together. It has a lovely, peaceful view over the barley fields too:
I am feeling very positive and lucky. It was hard and scary to close the shop, but with the new website and now the new 'head hutch' I feel things are really coming together.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh it is just beautiful.
It will look wonderful once you have kitted it all out x

LissyLou said...

Lovely - i'm sure it will be beautiful x

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Congrats on the new HQ! I'd love to have a space in my garden for a a studio!

shopgirl@ said...

Charlotte - love the new website. Congratulations on your new venture. All the best Nicole from Los Angeles.

I love bunnies too....

Shabby Chick said...

Wooo love the new hutch, bet you'll enjoy working from there :)

My other half makes cider at home, I'm sure he'd get on great with Mike!

Hope you're alright, love Mel xxx

andbabymakesfive said...

Hi Charlotte
I found a card with alitle bunny on the other day - the one you sent me when I designed the bunny jumpers - my little girl still wears one today !! Looked cottontails up on google and found your new website - lovely. I'm having another baby or maybe two early next year so new things await - all the best with everything - v jealous of your beautiful garden office - has set me thinking !!!

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Hello! So glad you may be starting to feel settled- things seem to be coming together now don't they- I'm really pleased for you.
Hope Humphrey is well too- hows it going with the cat?

Em xxx