Friday 22 May 2009

Pixie in the car!

Given how busy this weekend is looking - just the small matter of closing the shop and relocating the business! - I don't think I'm going to have much time to write a bank holiday entry so I thought I'd tell you about the last bank holiday.... (I love that there are so many this time of year - I have a friend in the US who is staggered by how many bank holidays we seem to have!)

So, last time, I indulged in a classic bank holiday activity - and cleaned my car! (Quite a big deal for me as it only happens a couple of times a year.) Did a very thorough job inside and out, and even waxed it. And then, to celebrate my lovely shiny car, I decided to sit a Maileg pixy in the passenger seat - and she has been driving around with me ever since. What is more I have had quite a few comments from people about her - "Is that a PIXIE in your car?!" at the petrol station and so on - so I decided to put a little label on her saying 'Available from www.cottontailsbaby.co.uk'. So, a funky new passenger and a neat bit of marketing to boot. I think I will put a row of the giant bunnies in the back seat next...

8 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Wow, I didn't realise just how big the pixies are!!! Looks cute though :)

Sorry I haven't replied before now, seems to have been a combination of rushing about and then being exhausted! Hope closing the shop down isn't too horrible, you're nor saying goodbye to Cottontails, just taking it in a new direction.

Hope you have a brilliant weekend, love mel xxx

Mandy said...

Oh she just looks adorable sitting in the front seat! What a great advertising tool.... Fantastic

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great idea!!! Brilliant. Glad its all going ok and im sure life will bring you lots more challenges and take you in new exciting directions, now you finally have more time.Heres to new beginngs!!! Take care love Cathy

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Great idea! Those Pixies are fab! :)

Poppy said...

I will be thinking of you, I hope it all goes well for you.

I’m sure you will feel relieved when it’s all over!
Love Lou xxx

Anonymous said...

Passenger Pixies "Thats Great"

andbabymakesfive said...

Hi Charlotte
I still remember doing the bunny jumpers for you - my little girl still wears one !! Your new webiste is gorgeous - all the best with it
Caroline Enstock

Anonymous said...

How are you?