Thursday 7 May 2009

And over a month later...



Why does this always happen when I go on holiday? I plan to catch up with my blog as soon as I return and yet it takes me weeks to get back into the swing of things. I am sorry.

I hope everyone is really well and thanks for your lovely comments and 'are you okay?' prompts!

I drew the Cottontails bunny in the sand at the beach in Cyprus one evening. But oh that seems like a lifetime ago now...

Quite a lot has been happening here in terms of some Big Strategic Decisions - I'll save the details for another post but the essence of it is that I have decided, after six years, to close the high street shop, focus on the website, and generally simplify my life a little. I actually made the decision just before the holiday and it's all happening quite soon now - we will be closing the shop on the bank holiday weekend. To be honest, although I am a bit emotional and scared about it, I can't wait for it to happen now. I am excited at the thought of the freedom I will have to really develop www.cottontailsbaby.co.uk, and the start of this is a lovely new website which my designer and I are working on at the moment and should be going live the same bank holiday weekend. It's going to be a big couple of days for us!

I'll write lots more about this in the coming days I'm sure, but for now it's nice to be back!
Charlotte
x

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Charlotte been checking your blog every couple of days to see if you made a post. I thought before you went this was the big decision that you might be making but its great that you are continuing and developing the website. I wish you all the luck in the world your website is wonderful and it can only get better x

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Hello there! Glad you're back :) Let us know as soon as the new website is up and running- as I have a friend who is about to pop so I'll be needing a pressie :)
Em x

Shabby Chick said...

Sounds like you've made the right decision, and your website is already lovely so I can't wait to see how it looks after! Nice to see you back :)

Mel xxx

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

Glad to see you back Charlotte. I wish you every success in developing your website ~ I look forward to seeing the new 'look'. I hope that you feel a bit more settled and happier now that you have been able to make some big decisions and that a weight has been lifted...
Lots of love and luck...
Ali x

LissyLou said...

Glad to see you back. That does sound like a good decision, although such a shame as well, it's always sad when a lovely little shop disappears. Best of luck though Charlotte. x