Monday 2 March 2009

Sewing Debut!






Hello everyone, I hope you have all had nice weekends? I need to catch up on my blog reading, am falling behind again. This will be a really little post because I am snowed under here but I just wanted to write a little something about my weekend because I have something to tell you - I have finally had a go at making something of my own! The pictures tell the story really, but bear in mind that before Saturday I had never, ever made anything. Ever. Had never even used a sewing machine before (bought mine on ebay before Christmas and have been too scared to turn it on until now!) The pictures show what I managed on Saturday - along with a pic of Humph who was sitting at my feet, trying to nibble my sewing machine cables. Little scamp. It's not much I know, but I am quite proud.

ps Have to tell you - the first heart I made was not heart shaped. It went in the bin. And the second one I made, I forgot to leave a hole for stuffing it!

1 comment:

LissyLou said...

Well done! i made my first heart last night!! It turned out fine, except i completely forgot to leave a gap until i got to the last bit which was on the curve of the heart, so a bit tricky to sew up!!
Oh well, practise makes perfect! x