Thursday 26 February 2009

Falling behind!

Well so much for my ambitious 'plan for the week' in Monday's post. It is now a little after midnight Wednesday night and I still have most of Tuesday and Wednesday's tasks to complete. Good job I allocated Thursday as a 'mop up' day in case I fell behind! So the big tasks for tomorrow are to place a new order with Moulin Roty and start the marketing push. I think the web design bits and bobs will have to wait until next week.. I'd love to spend time working on a new design but it's simply not going to be possible this week. Ho hum...

Oh, one other thing - I am really happy that Cottontails has received a certificate to say thank you for our role in helping Pershore to attain status as a Fairtrade Town. Last year - when I seemed to have a little more free time - I used to attend meetings of the Fairtrade committee, and even had a little stall at an open day where I sold some lovely bits and bobs made from fairly traded cotton and provided a few cakes made from fairly traded ingredients. I am so pleased that all the hard work has paid off and that Pershore has now been given fairtrade status. (Well, I say 'hard work' - the truth of it is I spent most of the open day taking part in a 'can you tell the difference?' fair trade chocolate taste test! And yes I could tell the difference - if you have yet to buy and try the Divine brand of chocolate, do so as soon as possible - it is gorgeous!).

4 comments:

Poppy said...

I know how you feel I had so much planned for yesterday and only got half of it done.
I would love to do the taste test, yum, yum, I hope you get some more done today.
Love Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Hope it goes better today Charlotte, you know what they say - aim for the moon and you should reach the stars! Well done on the fairtrade thing, Salisbury was awarded it last year too (not that I can claim any credit!).

Mel xxx

A Farmers Wife said...

Hi, just looking through your blog, you sell some very beautiul things!!! Id love to have a little shop but im sure its much harder work than one would think...I will follow your progress from now on.Do you mind me asking, how do make the background of the photos you've taken white like that? I make jewellery and although ive set up a folksy shop im having difficulty in taking any half decent pics, they'd look great if they were like yours...
Thanks, kirsty x

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

Everyday is like this for me! I think I set myself unrealistic targets, I feel like I have to save the world in 2 hours sometimes!

It will all get done, eventually!