Sunday 22 February 2009

Sunday thoughts and making things..

This isn't strictly Cottontails related, but - inspired by a few friends on here - I have decided to have a go at making something! Who knows, maybe I will turn out to be a master toy maker and the Cottontails brand of soft toys will be born (!) but for now I simply want to have a play around with some of the faulty toys and imperfect bits and bobs of baby clothing I always seem to have lying around (see the pile of fabrics and the bunny with the poorly arm in the photo) and find out if I am capable of creating anything at all!

Also, using up leftover bits and bobs in this way seems to fit quite nicely with the current trend towards 'vintage materials', recycling and general thrifty thinking.

I have bought a sewing machine on eBay and a friend of my parents has shown me how to thread it up and so on (gosh, it's complicated!) so now all I have to do is sit down and make a start....

4 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Good luck Charlotte!!!!!! You can do it! Sewing machines fill me with terror but you'll probably be a natural :)

Mel xxxxx

Poppy said...

Good-luck I’m sure you will make some lovely things!
Love Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Hi hun, yep every stitch is done by hand. Just can't use sewing machines at all though Mum is threatening to have another go at teaching me!

Must have been so cute to see lambs, I didn't realise they were being born yet, must keep a look out for them for the girls!

Mel xxx

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

Well done for getting a sewing machine - once you get the bug you won't be able to stop. It has become a bit of an addiction for me!