Monday 23 February 2009

A plan for the week...

Thought it might be a nice idea to write down a plan for the week ahead at Cottontails...

Monday: catch up on last week's figures, pay bills and send out orders from the weekend. Nothing too strenuous there, although I do hate doing finances! Also add all my new Moulin Roty products to the website... look out for these later on but for now here's a picture of little Leo teddy bear, one of the new guys!

Tuesday: make a start on a Big Website Marketing Push for Cottontails Baby; last week I spoke to two lovely friends who gave me lots advice on improving my natural position on Google and now all I need to do is put it all into action. Thank you to Sam and Amanda for all your advice! (By the way, Amanda runs a FABULOUS shop selling shoes for little feet - if you have tiny feet and fancy treating yourself, do have a look at the lovely Small Shoes and Things).

Wednesday: keep going with the marketing and get in touch with my website designer about a few 'tweaks'. (I rather fancy brightening up the website with a bit of red gingham, and want to change the navigation a little bit). Also place a new order with Moulin Roty and send out some press releases to magazines about forthcoming toys...

Thursday: early closing in the shop means I won't get quite as much done... think I'll just plough ahead with the web marketing stuff and leave the day unscheduled to deal with enquiries and so on.

Friday: sort out the clothes offering on the website which is seriously neglected and out of date. Start a clothes sale and add some new bits. Also tidying the shop ready for the weekend and just more of the above really. I'm sure that by the time we reach Friday lots more stuff will have cropped up anyway...

Saturday: need to check whether or not mum wants the day off... she normally works Saturdays for me (bless her) so I can have some time off, but I have a feeling she is due a weekend off!

1 comment:

Shabby Chick said...

Good luck, sounds like you've got a great plan of action there! You're 5th on Google UK when you search for Maileg (I know this because I search for and ogle it on a regular basis... though haven't actually bought yet!) so you must be getting some hits from that I hope.

Mel xxx