Monday 15 December 2008

Wooden stocking - £2.95!!

Isn't this gorgeous? I think it is. It's a flat wooden stocking - quite large, 40cm - from Maileg, with a little of their stripey red ribbon to hang it by. I ordered loads of these because I thought they were so different and lovely, but I've only sold a few so have put them into the sale which means they are now only £2.95. A bargain!

Every Christmas there is one item I over-order - last year it was the Maileg pigs. I had pigs all over the place until the summer. Although as my boyfriend pointed out, this year's 'mistake' is rather more unforgiving - after all there isn't going to much call for wooden stockings after the 25th!

I have a feeling my own home is going to be covered in them this Christmas... not to worry!

9 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

A jewellery course sounds fun, I can imagine that making it could be quite addictive! My best friend used to make and sell jewellery when we were at school and I had sooooo many pairs of earrings. I love creative stuff, maybe you should just have a bash at a few things and see what you like the best!

Those wooden stockings are really cute, I saw one on your picture of the shop window and admired it :)

Mel x

Poppy said...

It must be hard knowing what is going to sell well,

I’m sure they will at that price, I like them anyway!

Take care xxx

MelMel said...

I can't understand it....the stocking is wonderful.....!
What a super bargain!

Nanny? your childrens nanny?
I was a nanny loved that work.....a brill aspect of childcare.....i was always spoiled by my families.....good for you treating her so well!
however you could mean your nanny as in Grandma.....i'm sure she would also love it!xxxxxx

Shabby Chick said...

Heehee I'm back to have a nose at the pic of the stocking again now I've ordered one!!!

How did you get such a nice background on your blog by the way? I've no idea how to change mine!

Mel xxx

Poppy said...

Have a lovely Christmas!


love Lou xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Hiya, hope you've had a lovely Christmas, the wooden stockings were much admired here. I've tagged you on my blog if you'd like to take a look!

Mel xxx

mollycupcakes said...

I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas and wanted to wish you a very happy new year sweetie.
Speak soon
Hugs,
Catherine x

Shabby Chick said...

You have an award on my blog if you'd like to come and see :-) xxx

LissyLou said...

The wooden stocking really is lovely x