Monday 18 June 2012

A Hare About the House

You are going to love this!

Thank you so much to Annette over at The Dragon House of Yuen for introducing me to A Hare About the House, a charming 1950s natural history book. It records one man's adventures sharing his home with a rescued hare and his companion rabbit - and was written in the days long before house rabbits were as popular as they are today ('Yes, Humphrey, pet rabbits used to live outside. Imagine.")


I promise it will lift your day to dip into this book and you can get a PDF of it right here: A Hare About the House.

I started it a couple of nights ago and plan to continue tonight. It is an excellent distraction while the football is on, and Humphrey likes me to read aloud :)

3 comments:

Sue said...

I've just down loaded it, thanks for the link, I'll read it later, the sun is shining at the moment and I don't want to miss a moment of weeding in the sunshine. It may be raining again by tomorrow!!

We have to grab summer when we can it seems.

Sue xx

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Divine divine divine...thank you Charlotte...sending you love,

Sarah -x-

Crafty Green Poet said...

sounds like an excellent book!