Tuesday 16 August 2011

The marvelous Maileg mice...

I am constantly amazed by the ingenuity my Maileg mice...

Last week they were reading the daily paper...



...when something caught their attention.



Next thing I knew they were busy tearing and folding...



...and before I could say 'cheese' they had made themselves a new set of furniture



Amazing!

(Factual note: the mouse furniture is actually made of lovely printed fabric and is available at Cottontails here - but the story was nice eh!)

9 comments:

Leaff Design said...

Super love it Charlotte - one of my favourite posts ever! x

sarah-jane down the lane said...

I think they are probably distant relations of "Charlie Mouse" et al from Bagpus who really were the most extraordinarily resourceful mice! I can hear them singing "we will fix it, we will mend it......." How lovely they look on their homemade sofa!

Love Sarah x

ps Hello Charlotte, how are you? :D X

magpie bessie said...

I love this post! So charming and that tiny mousie furniture is adorable! So great!

Sue said...

Very cleve mice those you know!

I wouldn't be surprised if they make all the little furniture you sell!!

Sue xx

Bumpkin Hill said...

That is just the cutest post ever! Sarah is right, they remind me of the mice in Bagpuss too!

robert said...

Were the mice inspired by Robert Thompson ?

robert said...

Were the mice inspired by Robert Thompson ?

Charlotte said...

Thank you Robert for the comment about Robert Thompson - I had not heard of them before so googled it and discovered this lovely range of wooden furniture and accessories all finished with a hand carved mouse, particular to the carpenter. Amazing. If anyone else is interested - http://www.robertthompsons.co.uk/index.php

Crafty Green Poet said...

how sweet. those clever little mice remind me of the ones in Bagpuss! (Oh i see Sarah Jane noticed that too!)