Tuesday 2 August 2011

Catching up in the garden...

I'm a bit behind in the Cottontails garden this year so I thought I'd better enlist some help. And who better than Apolline the mole - with those big digging paws she doesn't even need to use a shovel!




Even with Apolline's help the Cottontails garden is on the verge of becoming a bit of a jungle at the moment so I am too ashamed to capture it on camera. But here are a couple of pics from earlier in the summer, when it all looked pretty neat.





So, why am I so behind? Well there is some Big News afoot at Cottontails - we are soon to be on the move to a small farm!

As it is we have already taken over taking care of the land and veggie gardens, so instead of one small patch to maintain, I find myself with rather more...

For example, the strawberry patch:


And the, erm, wilderness patch:


And believe me there is much more. I am starting to feel quite alarmed at the prospect of harvest and am going to need a whole team of Apollines I think.

We won't be moving in for a few months so the whole thing is going to happen pretty gradually, but I will start posting about the farm over the coming weeks to introduce you to Cottontails new home to be.

5 comments:

Leaff Design said...

My, your new gardens are vast! Great post Charlotte, and I am so excited to see more pictures and glimpses over the next few months!

Sue said...

I can't wait to see this develop on the Blog.

Don't panic at the vastness, just concentrate on the little bit at a time that you are working on.

A farm is a bit like the Forth Bridge, just when you get to the end of the tidying jobs you look behind you and see that it's time to start all over again.

Sue xx

Annette Tait said...

was Apolline eating the strawberries :)
I love your wilderness patch! looks like heaven!!
and wishing you the very best in your move - how exciting!

Bumpkin Hill said...

So exciting, mmmm lots of strawberry jam to come :) Looks like you'll have to set Humphrey to work with the weeding! Big Hugs, Catherine x

Bumpkin Hill said...

So exciting, mmmm lots of strawberry jam to come :) Looks like you'll have to set Humphrey to work with the weeding! Big Hugs, Catherine x