Tuesday 1 February 2011

The Big Garden Birdwatch results


I spent a peaceful hour on Sunday taking part in the Big Garden Birdwatch - it was lovely to have an hour of 'enforced' nothingness - and this is what I saw from the Cottontails office window:

Robin x 2
Blackbird x 7
Blue tit x 3
Coal tit x 1
Chaffinch x 1
Starling x 1
Jackdaw x 5
Collared dove x 1

Inside the window I also spotted:

1 x Lesser spotted blue goose
1 x Turquoise and red crested hen



(But apparently these two species are not officially recognised by the RSPB)

2 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

I really do think the RSPB should recognise them all ;) Loved your post about the parcel to the USA, there was one very happy girl once Father christmas delivered it :) I had a print parcel taking 6 weeks to reach the States! I just hope all those post issues are sorted out now! I hope you are feeling better, hugs, Catherine xx

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love watching birds from the living room window, unfortunately here we don't have a garden..... We did our Big Garden Birdwatch at the Botanic Gardens