Thursday 7 January 2010

Rabbits in the snow

This is completely unrelated to Cottontails really but I just wanted to show you something lovely which I had for Christmas. It is a beautiful limited edition print of a painting called 'Mona' by Kate Wyatt. Isn't it gorgeous? You can see more of her work on her website.


Looking at it in the sitting room last night, it struck me that Mona has similar colouring to Humphrey, and I wondered if I might be able to capture a photo of him in a similar pose, with all this beautiful snow as a naturally plain background. Well I had a go today - and the answer is no, not really! Humphrey simply wouldn't 'play ball' and stand up so this is the best I could do... :-)


He had great fun scooting around and digging in the snow while I tried to get him in position - and I just got very cold wet feet running around after him in a skirt and unsuitable shoes!

To finish off, and to tie this post into the shop a bit, here is one more rabbit - he was designed by Maileg last winter and I immediately called him Snowflake Bunny because of the design on his jumper. He is also wearing cosy mittens and boots, and as such is much better prepared for snowy conditions than I was this afternoon!

11 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

what an amazing painting, I don't blame Humphrey not wanting to dance in the snow ;) x

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Oh lovely lovely bunnies, I must watch Miss Potter again!

Happy New Year Charlotte, I hope you have had a lovely break, are you snowed in?

Sarah x

mollycupcakes said...

Happy new year Charlotte.
Hope this year brings you lots of happiness and joy.

Hugs,

Catherine x

The Bunns said...

Best sno-bunny yet! Hop on Humphrey!

Pom Pom said...

What a lovely rabbity post. I love Humphrey! He's so cute! The painting is wonderful, too. I'm going to visit the site you mentioned. Thank you!

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Hello!

It would be great to see you at Top Drawer! Sadly there is no way my bunnies could cope with the underground either- the hate the car too.

I see that your Humphrey likes the snow so i may experiment and see if George does tomorrow!!

x Em

BadPenny said...

Humphrey looks gorgeous in the snow - we have a horrible muddy slushy thaw here

Mandy Saile said...

I am new to your blog and Humprehy is just adorable...I love seeing a rabbit in the snow as we have four, we live in Ontario where these lots of snow and all four adore going out and romping in the white stuff:D

libbyquilter said...

am having a quick visit and had to say "hi" to both you and your adoreable Humphrey~!!~

also LOVE the snowflake bunny boy~!~

:)
libbyQ

literarybuns said...

I love the picture of Humphrey in the snow! I let Fitzi romp in the snow once and almost lost her - that's what happens when a white bunny plays in white snow!

Large Rabbit Hutch said...

these Rabbits in the snow are awesome! I like it!