Monday 20 October 2008

Shop re-fit: day one





Everything seems to be going well so far... Closed early on Saturday and spent about six hours emptying the shop (into my house - you should see the sorry state of my sitting room...) and then the serious work began early Sunday morning. Mike Grovsenor (fantastic electrician from Worcester who gave up his Sunday to fit this job in) arrived at 8.30am with his workmate Ian, and by 1pm everything was done and we have a lovely lighter, brighter shop. It was an absolute joy to employ a professional - working as I always am on a meager budget, I tend to err toward DIY and am blessed with an extraordinarily practical, talented and helpful father, but obviously with electrics in a public space DIY wasn't an option and, as I say, it was just wonderful to hand over the responsibilty to someone else and not try to muddle through myself.

The afternoon was spent painting everything in sight, and by the end of day everything looks fresh, light and new. My father has done a wonderful job of the shop front and I am very happy so far!

Came home exhausted about 9pm, fought my way through the sitting room and fell into bed. Then up early this morning for Day Two and to meet the carpet cleaner at 8am...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very clever.

Anonymous said...

yeah! its much better,

Lavinia Waitrose-Bleach said...

Charlotte darling, shop looks ab.fab. You don't by any chance stock gonks?